How to Create a Google Review Link Google My Business Customer Reviews
Google My Business is a very powerful tool, provided by Google for free to bring your local business to a whole new level.
To be brief people do not search using a phone book; they use their phone.
Being a top ranked google is necessary if you wish to run a successful local business period.
Chmelaeon.com makes review posters that make it easy for your customers to leave reviews on location!
These posters let your customers tap and scan your way to the top of google search buy them here...
Don't have a google my business listing? or want to advertise on Google? no worries!
Sign up for one of our management packages and you will get a real live person to help you create and maintain your Google and social media presence so you can actually get back to focusing on your business
If your short on cash / don't want to buy the posters and have some spare time on your hands here is how to create your own! warning: (major time investment)
Google My Business is powerful With 80% of local business searches happening on mobile devices, we have the ability to capture customers in those brief moments that people actually make buying decisions
When your customer is motivated to buy or needs a service locally, consumers can simply grab their phone and Google whatever it is they want by placing a call instantly.
Searched for bakery, here is what came up this applies to ANY business. take note of the near 5 star reviews for all the top 3
Customer Reviews, They are powerful and will make or break your business whether you like it or not.
They provide the social law of proof, and honest testimonials for your business which increases trust significantly, not to mention search ranking you want to be in the top 5 at all times!
Major Problem: getting to the review section requires a few clicks to get to the “Create Review” section. This is a pain for a number of reasons.
The most important of which is friction of educating customers on how to do so most of our clients use our poster which gets rid of this problem altogether
Friction is anything that makes a person’s life more difficult when interacting with your business online.
Too many clicks redirects and frustrations...... to leave a review
A confusing process for the average person.
We do not want friction when we ask for a Review of our Google My Business listing
Here is how to create a direct link to send to your customers, making it easy for them to leave that valuable Google review.
How to Create a Google My Business Direct Link to a Review
To create a link, you’ll need to get the Place ID for your business. To get your Place ID:
- Go to the Google Places API. you will be taken to the search (don’t panic, it’s easy!)
- Enter your business information in the “Enter a location” field at the top of the map.
- Click your business name in the list that appears.
- Your Place ID will appear on the map, beneath your business name.
- Feeling lost ??? Just buy a poster already, will do all this for you https://www.chmelaeon.com/products/facebook-twitter-google-yelp-window-stickers-qr-nfc-decals-8-5x11-follow-check-in-reviews?variant=20568763143
Now we’re going to want to add our Place ID to the following URL to create the direct link:
Using the example above, the URL with the Place ID added would be:
Now when customers click the link, They’ll be able to rate your business and leave a review instantly making a qr code is a good idea
Here are a couple extra tips to get quality reviews
- A great time to ask your customers to leave a review is shortly after their purchase. Send an email with the link you created, asking about their experience and to share it on google
- Be as simple and direct as you can about asking for the review.
- Google does not allow to incentivize customers with discounts or offers for their review. This could get your business banned keep that in mind.
- Honest Customer reviews are usually the best Honesty works and so do reviews that are authentic
Sincerely The Chmelaeon Team :D